Virtuoso in Training - Architectural Engineering(VITAE) Graduate and
Undergraduate Student Research Showcase
AEI is hosting a poster session for students to present their research to FORUM attendees. Cutting edge research will be showcased in a visual display to encourage attendee interaction. Student researchers can submit in two categories, Undergraduate and Graduate. Posters will be judged by a panel of jurors and FORUM attendees.
Posters will be on view all day in the Atrium of the Tangeman Center on campus, on Friday, April 3. Voting will close at 4:00 P.M. through ballots provided in the FORUM registration package. Winner(s) will be announced during the Awards Banquet on Friday evening.
- This is intended to be an engagement and mentoring event. Student presenters/original authors are required to be present. Posters will not be displayed without a presenter.
- Faculty and professional mentors will interact with the presenters and provide feedback during the VITAE Graduate and Undergraduate Showcase.
- Posters will be mounted and displayed in the Tangeman University Center’s (TUC) Atrium for much of the FORUM.
- Your poster must be 32” high x 40” wide, landscape orientation only.
- Your poster should include student name(s) and the name of faculty supervisor(s), your department, university, and project title.
- Research topic is limited to relevant Architectural Engineering subjects.
- Please indicate which AEI Build best fits your work. (Deliver, Enclose, Learn, Modular, Perform, Resilient, Secure, Sustain)
- Acknowledge AEI as well as any other organization(s) having a working relationship with the poster author, including funding agencies.
- Posters must be printed in color.
- Include the following sections: title, introduction/background, methodology, findings/results, and conclusions. Please avoid excessive jargon (while using appropriate technical terminology).
- Include references, but not be overly excessive.
For submissions, two options are offered by the FORUM. Presenters may determine their preference.
Submission Deadline: Friday, March 27, 2020
Option 1: University of Cincinnati/AEI Prints
Cincinnati AE Department /AEI FORUM Organizers will print your poster and set it up in the TUC Atrium.
Posters (in .pdf format at the actual size) must be submitted to Professor Anton Harfmann by Friday, March 20, 2020 for this method to be used. (After this date, presenters must use Option 2.)
- Please submit a check for $25 USD, postmarked by the registration deadline, Friday, March 20, 2020. (Includes printing in color and setup.)
- Mailing Address:
Prof. Anton Harfmann
The University of Cincinnati
2850 Campus Way Drive
765 Baldwin Hall
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0071
- An email will be sent to registrants outlining submission instructions approximately a week prior to submission date.
Option 2: Presenter Prints
- Presenter is responsible to locate a local printing service near the FORUM for printing and delivery. It is advisable for presenters to contact the vendor of their choice in advance. The FORUM is not involved in this process.
- Presenter may also bring the poster with them.
Posters will be judged in two categories by attendee popular vote and by a panel jury including both academia and industry representatives. The judges and those voting attendees will be asked to consider the following:
- Research Innovation – research is cutting edge and particularly relevant for contemporary Architectural Engineering
- Completeness – stands alone, addresses all topics well, presents a complete picture of the research / topic
- Correctness – all content is justified, appropriate, and without error
- Design – stands out, is organized and visually attractive
- Clarity – understandable, clear, comprehensive