If you require special assistance at the Forum, please submit a written description of your requirements with your registration form to us at [email protected] no later than March 25, 2022. While ASCE/AEI will make every effort to meet your needs, accommodations cannot be guaranteed without notification by the deadline.
Attendees under the age of 18 are prohibited.
Assumption of Risk
All ASCE/AEI events and activities are purely voluntary activities and attendees are fully responsible for their own conduct and well-being, including and without limitation: determining their level of fitness to take part in any such event or activity. In participating in any event or activity attendees shall be deemed to understand and accept all risk of possible physical injury that might occur as a result of such participation.
Liability Waiver and Release
In submitting this registration, I acknowledge and agree that I am undertaking to participate in the conference activities as my own voluntary and intentional act. I agree that I alone am responsible for determining whether I am physically capable of participating in any conference activity, and I understand that there is risk associated with my participation, which may include without limitation, injury or loss caused by my negligence or the negligence of others. With knowledge and acceptance of the risks involved, I accept full responsibility for my safety and well-being. In consideration of my participation in conference activities, I hereby waive, release, hold harmless, and discharge ASCE and its officers, directors, and employees from all loss or injury that may be suffered by me in connection with Conference activities to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
By attending certain conference sessions and seminars, you may earn PDHs, which are nationally recognized units of record. Please note there are differences from state to state in continuing education requirements for professional engineering licensure. Each state licensing board has the final authority to approve courses, credits, PDHs and other methods of earning credits in that state. ASCE/AEI strongly recommends that individuals regularly check with their state licensing boards for specific continuing education requirements in their jurisdictions that affect professional engineering licensure and the ability to renew licensure.
Cancellations must be received by ASCE in writing. A refund will be issued, minus a $50 processing fee, if the cancellation notice is received by ASCE by March 25, 2022. No refunds will be made for cancellations received after March 25, 2022.
- Send cancellation requests to [email protected]. Please reference 2022 AEI FORUM.
Program and Session Cancellation
ASCE/AEI reserves the right to cancel programs and/or sessions. In the unlikely event of a cancellation, all registrants will be notified. Programs and sessions are subject to change, and ASCE/AEI reserves the right to substitute a program, session and/or speaker of equal caliber to fulfill the educational requirements.
Photo and Video Release/Waiver
ASCE may take photographs and/or make audio and visual recordings of the event, and participants grant to ASCE the absolute right and permission to use any such photographs or recordings that may be taken during the event for any purpose in its sole discretion.
Photos, video or audio recording(s) of any educational session is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from both ASCE/AEI and the session presenter(s).
As outlined in ASCE’s governing documents, ASCE functions and activities are intended to foster the expression and exchange of engineering ideas by all members, regardless of gender, race, ethnic origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disabilities, or any other reason not related to scientific or technical merit. It is the responsibility of all participants and guests to conduct themselves in a professional manner in which all persons are treated with dignity and respect.
ASCE Virtual Code of Conduct
ASCE is committed to providing a professional, safe and welcoming environment for all participants at its meetings, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin or other protected class. All attendees, speakers, staff, volunteers, exhibitors, and other participants are expected to abide by this Virtual Program Code of Conduct. Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated during any portion of a meeting or event. Unacceptable behavior includes but is not limited to:
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, staff members, service provider, or other participant;
- Verbal or written comments or visual images that denigrate or show hostility or aversion toward any person or persons on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability or other personal characteristics, including but not limited to those protected by law;
- Unwelcome and uninvited attention or contact with another participant;
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images;
- Deliberate intimidation or stalking;
- Real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm;
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form;
- Inappropriate disruption of meetings or events;
- Photographing, video or audio recording of slides, oral or poster presentations without presenter/author’s permission;
- Inappropriate use of platform for commercial purposes, including promotional materials, special offers, product announcements, job postings, or solicitation for services; and
- Violating the rules and regulations of the online platform.
Reporting Violations to ASCE
Report harassment and disruptive behaviors to ASCE at: (703) 295-6146. Consequences of misconduct may include, but are not limited to:
- Immediate removal from meeting or event without warning.
- Restrictions from future ASCE meetings and events.
- Removal from positions on ASCE boards, committees, or other groups.
- Referral to ASCE’s Committee on Professional Conduct for disciplinary actions up to expulsion from the Society.